Established in 2002, The Tarran Group provides expertise that your company may not wish, need, or be able, to retain on a full-time basis. In today’s turbulent times, the only constant continues to be change. An overused adage perhaps, but when it comes to Human Resource management and employment, it means a lot. Changing economic realities, changing industry needs, rapidly changing technologies and changing demographic playing fields all dictate a brand-new ball game when trying to manage your business with limited resources. To succeed in this daunting environment, many small to medium sized companies have utilized the proven expertise of The Tarran Group.
Managing Director of The Tarran Group - Rob Hiscox has over 18 years of Business and HR Consulting experience and extensive senior and executive corporate level experience in Human Resources with Canada Trust, The Blackburn Group (London Free Press and CFPL Broadcasting), Sony of Canada, and Bata North America, where he was Vice President Human Resources. Extensive experience in developing Human Resource strategies that are linked to business needs. He has:
- Provided Career Transition counselling for numerous individuals and corporate clients.
- Earned the role of confidential executive coach.
- Undertaken practical organizational effectiveness and strategic planning reviews.
- Developed human resource communications and corporate policy material.
- Positioned Human Resource groups as Business Partners with a focus upon customer service.
- Conducted successful executive search and recruitment assignments including CEO for a London Foundation, CFO for a major food processor, Director of Finance for a Non- Profit, Account Managers for medical supplies, web development and transport companies, and retail recruitments for various retailers.
- Dealt with Labour Board representations, Human Rights, and employment legal issues.
Rob is a graduate of York University and held the Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation. Rob is a Member the Canadian Club of London, Tech Alliance of London, an Associate Member of the Royal Canadian Legion, and past member of the Strategic Capability Network, a past volunteer with Ronald McDonald House, Thames Valley Children’s Centre of London, Scouts Canada, and the Tennis Masters Series in Toronto. He is a past Member and former Director of the Human Resources Professional Association (HRPA) and the Human Resources Professionals of London and District (HRPLD). He has also had a gig as a professional male model for a client.
About our name – The Tarran Group
My maternal grandfather, Robert Greenwood Tarran, was a major builder in North East Great Britain before, during and immediately after the Second World War. His firm, Tarran Industries, employed, at its peak, over 20,000 employees building commercial, industrial, multi- family and residential projects. Of note was his pioneering role in using prefab technology for apartment buildings and single-family homes after the war when it was critical to provide much needed housing. He was also a philanthropist and politician in the City of Hull, Yorkshire. I have named my company after him as a tribute to him.