Established in 2002, The Tarran Group provides expertise that your company may not wish, need, or be able, to retain on a full-time basis. In today’s turbulent times, the only constant continues to be change. An overused adage perhaps, but when it comes to Human Resource management and employment, it means a lot. Changing economic realities, changing industry needs, rapidly changing technologies and changing demographic playing fields all dictate a brand new ball game when trying to manage your business with limited resources To succeed in this daunting environment, many small to medium sized companies have utilized the proven expertise of The Tarran Group.
Managing Director of The Tarran Group - Rob Hiscox
Over 9 years of Business and HR Consulting experience and 25 years of senior and executive corporate level experience in Human Resources with The Blackburn Group (London Free Press and CFPL Broadcasting), Canada Trust, Sony of Canada, and Bata North America where he was Vice President Human Resources. Extensive experience in developing Human Resource strategies that are linked to business needs. He has:
- Undertaken practical organizational effectiveness and strategic planning reviews;
- Developed human resource communications and corporate policy material;
- Positioned Human Resource groups as Business Partners with a focus upon customer service;
- Conducted successful executive search and recruitment assignments including CEO for a London Foundation, CFO for a major food processor, Director of Finance for a Non- Profit and a manufacturer, Account Managers for medical supplies, web development and transport companies, and retail recruitments for various retailers;
- Provided Career Transition counselling for numerous individuals and corporate clients;
- Earned the role of confidential executive coach;
- Dealt with Labour Board representations, Human Rights and employment legal issues.
Rob is a graduate of York University and held the Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation. Rob is a Member of the London Chamber of Commerce, the Canadian Club of London, Tech Alliance, and the Strategic Capability Network, an active volunteer with Ronald McDonald House, an ongoing Blood Donor, an active member of Goodlife Fitness, an Associate Member of the Royal Canadian Legion, and a past volunteer with the Thames Valley Children’s Centre of London contributing as a member of the Human Resources Committee, Scouts Canada and the Tennis Masters Series in Toronto. He is a past Member and former Director of the Human Resources Professional Association (HRPA) and the Human Resources Professionals of London and District (HRPLD). He has also had a gig as a professional male model for a client.
About our name – The Tarran Group
My maternal grandfather, Robert Greenwood Tarran, was a major builder in North East Great Britain before, during and immediately after the Second World War. His firm, Tarran Industries, employed, at its peak, over 20,000 employees building commercial, industrial, multi- family and residential projects. Of particular note was his pioneering role in using pre-fab technology for apartment buildings and single family homes after the war when it was critical to provide much needed housing. He was also a philanthropist and politician in the City of Hull, Yorkshire. I have named my company after him as a tribute to him- Rob Hiscox